Well this post is certainly a little different from anything else you’ve seen around these parts! If you haven’t already figured it out from the title, I am a soon to be bride! Which means two things:
Number one- Someone was crazy enough to agree to put up with me for the rest of forever
Number two- My beauty routine needs to be kicked up a few notches in the months leading up to the big day. Knowing how much I love beauty products, you’ll know that this was a “project” I didn’t try to fight or put off at all .(Trying new masks and skincare gadgets > clubbing and partying).
Soooo, I’ve put together a very curated selection of products that have made the biggest difference in the overall look of my skin and hair for any brides to be, or for if you’re just looking to take extra good care of yourself.
- Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush – I’ve been eyeing up a few of these “electric face brushes” for a while now. My obsession began with the Clarisonics , I stalked those bad boys on Sephora for ages, before deciding that it wasn’t really a necessity. But, with a wedding and honeymoon coming up I decided that it was time to pull out the big guns to achieve that bridal glow. I found it to be a little too harsh to use morning and night , so I only pull this out in the evening to make sure I’m getting all of the makeup and dirt (ew) from the day off my face and out of my pores, and I’ve gotta say its been doing a damn good job.
- Pumpkin Enzyme Mask – Peter Thomas Roth masks are my absolute favourite, for a few reasons, but the most important one being, that they just work, really really well. This one has been on my radar since Anna from theannaedit.com mentioned it (she never seems to lead me astray) and it is magical. I usually slather this on during my Sunday night pamper sesh , to sort of reset my skin for the new week and on Monday morning I wake up with really fresh glowy looking skin. I don’t give many products this label but it really is one of those miracle products.
- Agave Lip Mask – I really haven’t delved into the world of Bite Beauty, only because, if I add one more lipstick to my “need to try” basket in my bathroom, I might scream. But I’d been hearing good things about this product for a while and managed to convince myself that it was reeeaallyyy “just another lip product” this one was different. I’ve had lip balms, and creams and those jelly lip mask thingys that promise you baby soft lips after one use but they all seemed to do the same thing, moisturise for about 30 minutes or until I ate or drank something and my lips were back to their original state or sometimes even worse than they were before! But, I’ve been using this lip mask (its more like a really thick balm) every night religiously for about six weeks now and my lips are much softer and even appear more plump? , could be a result of the added moisture or could be an allergic reaction, either way, I’m here for it.
- Under Eye Lifting Cream – The only bags I wanna have to worry about on my wedding day are the ones I have packed for my honeymoon. I’ve played around with a few different eye creams but never really noticed any real change in appearance to my under eye area. I mean they were just okay. But this one from Bella Aura skin care has really gotten rid of any sort of darkness and puffiness around my eyes and has made a huge difference!
- OUAI Treatment Masque – I don’t really have much to say about this one, it’s just a solid ,go-to product. I like to apply this to my hair after shampooing and leaving it on overnight. It leaves my hair super soft and smelling amazing.
- Sleeping Mask Pearl – this one is more of a now and then product. Its pretty simple, if I feel like my skin is looking dull and just sort of crap (lets be honest), I put this on just before going to bed, once all of my other products have had a chance to sink in , leave it on overnight, and rinse it off in the morning. This isn’t a huge stand out product for me but I do notice that my skin is a bit more healthy looking after using it so I think it deserves a spot on the list.
So thats it , if your’e still reading and have made it to the end, well done, I know it was a bit of a lengthy one! Let me know in the comments below if you’ve tried any of these products or if you have any other suggestions , Id love to hear them!